Operations Management, which includes the field of Production Management, is the study of management within a production or a service environment. The function of an Operations Manager is to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of a company strategy in a production or service environment. This must be done in a cost-effective manner whilst ensuring high quality of goods and services. This Lyceum certificate course provides the basis for the performance of this task with a strong emphasis on general management and financial skills.
Registration performs an eligibility evaluation and collection of all required details and documents of proof. Once a candidate has been successfully vetted payment takes place followed by enrolment.
The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate OR equivalent. For full details on admission requirements contact Lyceum Online.
Assessments consist of one assignment (formative assessment) and a final examination (summative assessment) for each subject. If you fail to submit the compulsory assignment in time you can request permission to submit a penalty assignment at a penalty fee. If you did not submit an assignment you cannot register for examinations.
Make sure you submit the compulsory assignment within the prescribed time because it does not cost you anything.
Your final mark for each subject will be calculated as follows: –
- Assignment contributes 60% towards the final mark.
- Examination contributes 40% towards the final mark.
A student who submitted an assignment for a specific subject, and fails that subject, does not have to re-submit a further assignment prior to writing the “supplementary” examination. The assignment mark is automatically carried over. However, if the assignment mark is low, and the student wishes to re-do the assignment, he/ she may apply to the examinations section for a copy of the new assignment (at the prescribed fee) and may then re-submit the assignment on or before the new due date.
- You have two examination opportunities within your contract period.
- No examination fees are applicable for the first time you write any subject within your contract period.
- Examination fees are payable if you write any subject for the second time, i.e., if you have failed your first attempt within the contract period.
- Students who enrol for any study year have two examination opportunities. Students can select to write any number of subjects during the first or second examination opportunity. If you elect to write the exam during the first opportunity and fail, you may re-write (as a supplementary) at the second opportunity upon payment of the prescribed supplementary examination fee. If you elect to write the examination at the second opportunity but fail, you may write the examination during the first chance of the next cycle ONLY, upon payment of the supplementary examination fee. If you again fail, having exhausted the above opportunities, you MUST re-register for the subject before a further examination may be attempted.
Upon successful completion of your programme, you will receive a certificate depicting: – Higher Certificate in Office Management and an academic transcript. These documents will be issued at the annual graduation ceremony, couriered to the nearest branch, or posted to you, provided that your account is in order. It is the learner’s responsibility to ensure they meet all the programme requirements before a qualification can be issued.